- Laptop computers use 90% less electricity.
- Reduce the number of phone lines or replace with an internet based service: VOIP.
- If you sell online, include PayPal as a payment option. There is no “per transaction” fees.
- Email invoices as a pdf. It’s free.
- Buy printer ink in bulk or use recycled printer cartridges. Have employees share printers.
- Turning out the lights in unused areas or have motion sensor lights installed.
- For sales calls, use Microsoft Live Meeting to save time/gas and increase productivity.
- Consolidate vendor orders to trigger discounts and reduce purchase order processing.
1. Stop Expecting Perfection
We get frustrated when things don’t work out as planned. Mistakes and drawbacks are a fact of life.
Example: Actor Jennifer Lawrence doesn't have formal acting degrees and has been rejected by many, many casting directors. She stayed positive, trusted her instincts and worked as hard as possible to land acting roles. She just purchased a 7 million dollar beachfront home in Malibu.
2. Stop saying "YES" when you want to say "NO".
It’s important to know your limits, and people will always try to test them. As humans we are are social animals. We want to interact. We want to be included and important to others. It's ok not to loan someone money if you really can't afford it. Sometimes it is ok to prioritize other things over work and to say no to people that routinely "need" you.